Just about every day now I get a package of pet postcards for our Festival Pet Project to benefit Friends for Life, Houston’s premiere no-kill animal shelter, and I thought I would show you some of the latest (you know…to get you creating and sending some in)!
Please keep the postcards coming! Goal is to raise $40,000 to save animals’ lives.
Some may remember that we raised more than $20,000 total last year at Quilt Festival for Friends For Life by selling hundreds of donated fabric postcards for $20 each, and this year I am hoping to far surpass that amount! We are inviting YOU for this fall’s show to make fabric postcards to help us achieve this goal.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Make as many 4″ x 6″ fabric postcards (that are no more than 1/8″ in thickness) as you would like to be featured and sold at International Quilt Festival this upcoming fall.
2. We want you to get pet-ty! We encourage animal-themed fabric postcards but we certainly welcome and would appreciate other themes as well, such as abstracts, landscapes, floral pieces, etc. The point is to raise as much funds as we can! On the back side of the fabric postcard, please sign your name and title your postcard. (Contact information is optional.)
3. We will sell the postcards for $20 each at Festival, and all of the proceeds will go to Houston-based animal shelters.
4. These postcards can be mailed to the Quilts, Inc. office no later than Tuesday, October 22, 2013. Please note: this is a receive-by date! We will of course accept postcards during Quilt Festival but want to have a large starting bank of postcards so would love it if you mailed them in advance!
5. You can mail as many fabric postcards as you would like, but please place them in a padded envelope. This way they will stay in pristine condition to be displayed at Festival.
Please mail them to:
Attn: Pokey Bolton
Houston, TX 77063
6. Come to Quilt Festival and buy as many postcards as you are able!