As 2013 draws to a close, you may think we are sitting here at Quilts Inc. headquarters tossing back eggnog, resting on our laurels, and playing reindeer games. But alas, we are not. Why?
Because we are not only working on our Quilt Festivals and Quilt Markets next year, but also planning for our brand new show: Quilt! Knit! Stitch!
Quilt!Knit!Stitch! will be premiering August 14-16, 2014, at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon, and we’re planning for an exciting and dynamic celebration of our collective love for all things related to textiles and fiber.
A sneak peek of some of the highlights:
- Full- and half-day classes, workshops, and lectures taught by highly sought-after teachers in quilting, knitting, crochet, and sewing.
- Open Studios™, where over the duration of the show, more than 40 fiber artists in mock studio spaces located on the show floor will be demonstrating quilting, knitting, crochet, and sewing techniques.
- Make It University™, where attendees can sign up on the show floor to take hour-long workshops from their favorite designers, authors, and teachers.
- A daily Fashion Show called “Street Style” celebrating the latest trends in inspiring knitted, crochet, and fiber wear.
- A fiber garden installation called the “Community Garden” that will grow daily as attendees make and plant floral-themed pieces. (More on that in an upcoming blog post.)
- “Scrappy Hour, an after-hour reception with cocktails, food, and some pretty desirous fiber loot.
- Numerous exhibits featuring outstanding works in quilting, knitting, embroidery, stitch, and crochet.
A lot more information will be forthcoming in the new year, but in the meantime, save the date!