The 2014 edition of Quilt Festival marks the final year of Festival’s Pet Project, and wouldn’t it be great if it went out with a bang?! Friends For Life, Houston’s fastest growing no-kill animal adoption and rescue organization, will again be the beneficiary shelter.
My three little guys I adopted from Friends For Life.
Over the past two years, Festival’s Pet Project has raised more than $60,000 for Friends For Life t
More than $60,000 total has been raised over the last two years at Quilt Festival for Friends For Life by selling thousands of donated fabric postcards for $20 each. We are inviting YOU to help by making postcards for the final edition.
The details and how you can help:
1. Make as many 4″ x 6″ fabric postcards (that are no more than 1/8″ in thickness) as you would like to be featured and sold at International Quilt Festival this upcoming fall.
2. Get pet-ty! Animal-themed fabric postcards are encouraged but other themes are appreciated as well, such as abstracts, landscapes, floral pieces, etc. The point is to raise as much funds as possible! On the back side of the fabric postcard, please sign your name and title your postcard. (Contact information is optional.)
3. Postcards will be sold for $20 each at Festival, and all of the proceeds will go to Friends For Life.
4. These postcards can be mailed to the Quilts, Inc. office no later than Friday, October 17, 2014. Please note: this is a receive-by date! Quilts Inc. will be accepting postcards during Quilt Festival but wants to have a large starting bank of postcards so please mail as many as you can in advance.
5. You can mail as many fabric postcards as you would like, but please place them in a padded envelope. This way they will stay in pristine condition to be displayed at Festival.
Please mail them to:
Festival Pet Project
Houston, TX 77063
6. Please help spread the word, and share your petty creations on your blog, website, and in social media (using the hashtag #festivalpetproject).
7. Come to Quilt Festival and buy as many postcards as you are able!
Below is one of my pet postcards I made last week in honor of Robin Williams and his affection for a beloved gorilla named Koko.
I hope you will take the pet postcard pledge!